TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Electronic Voucher (E-Voucher) information
- E-Voucher must be used within 12 months from purchase date, unless otherwise stated. Please note you will not receive any voucher/documentation in the post.
- If the voucher is not used by the expiry date it will become invalid. No refunds will be given for expired vouchers.
- The actual flight journey will be carried out by selected third party operators on our behalf who all hold Air Operated Certificates (AOC).
- In accordance with your rights when you purchase goods/services online, vouchers can be refunded in full as long as you have informed us within 14 calendar days from the day after receiving the e-mailed voucher.
- By purchasing the voucher you agree to your details being passed on to the UK security agencies and to our contracted third party AOC operators who may conduct approved random searches against the details provided.
- All vouchers are issued with unique references numbers, which will be used when dealing with any queries with your booking.
- High Flying Helicopter will take no responsibility for any losses you may incur as a result of voucher theft, impersonation or identity fraud.
- You will be required to present some photo ID and proof of address such as a bank statement the day of your experience, this is for security reasons.
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Vouchers must be kept securely and safely and should be taken on the day of the flight and given to the operator or sent to the operator if requested. We recommend sending by secure mail as they are not replaceable.
- In the event of non-delivery of the e-voucher, please contact us at Hello@highflyinghelicopter.com stating your booking reference number. We will look into the issue.
Helicopter Experience operators
- High Flying Helicopter has contracted agreements with its operators to provide the experiences described on our website. High Flying Helicopter does not operate any Commercial Air Transport (CAT) flights.
- All operators contracted with High Flying Helicopter hold an Air Operating Certificate (AOC). Once a voucher has been purchased the holder/user is also bound by the terms and conditions of the operator.
- All passengers must be aged 6 or over. Under-16s must have parental consent and be accompanied by an adult, who doesn’t need to fly.
- Minimum height 5 ft. Maximum height: 6ft 2in.
- Maximum weight per individual seat is 15 stone.
- You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant.
- You should be in reasonable health, if you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part then you must discuss this with your GP before booking.
- The above are only guidelines and may differ at our contracted helicopter service operators and locations please check at the time of booking.
- We aim to give disabled customers every chance to participate, if you would like to discuss any specific requirements before you book, please e-mail us at Hello@highflyinghelicopter.com
- It is your responsibility to confirm any of the restrictions are not prohibitive. Should you wish to discuss any items please e-mail Hello@highflyinghelicopter.com and we will be happy to help.
Arrival and Timing
- You must arrive 30 minutes before your flight take off time – a full safety briefing is given before boarding. The safety briefing for the whole group will start before your scheduled take off time. If you fail to arrive in time for the safety briefing, our selected third party operators reserve the right to refuse you permission to board the flight. In these circumstances, refunds are not given.
- All departure times and flight duration times are approximate and may differ slightly on the day due to flight traffic or other operational reasons.
- Some flights will be with other members of the public that will be taking part too. This could mean taking your turn with other members of the public. If delays, curtailments and breakdowns are not within High Flying Helicopters control, we cannot be held liable.
- Flights may occasionally be withdrawn for reasons outside of our control, and High Flying Helicopter cannot be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of this. If there are any cancelations, you or your recipient will be advised and offered the opportunity to exchange your voucher for one with the same face value. If alternatives are available, no refunds can be offered.
- Voucher holders are free to book their preferred date within the valid period as stated on the voucher.
- Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (more details on weather in the ‘weather’ section below.
- To ensure you are able to go on your desired date we recommend booking 6-8 weeks in advance. During peak periods it may be longer however some third party operators may be able to fit in bookings much sooner.
- We advise not to make any travel, accommodation or any other arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking.
- Additional fees may apply for variation or cancellation of your booking.
- All contracted third party operators are dependent on weather conditions to provide the flight.
- If your flight is cancelled due to the weather, the contracted third party operator will send a notification at the contact details provided during your purchase.
- You will be able to re-schedule and your flight will be put on hold for 90 days whilst you decide on an alternative date.
- Please note all re-scheduled flights will remain subject to weather conditions.
If your on-hold booking is not re-scheduled by 1 year from the original flight date, your booking will expire and you will not be entitled to a re-schedule or a refund.
- The Pilots will use the aviation forecast on the morning of the flight to make a decision on suitability of the weather. The actual weather may differ from the forecast, however the pilots decision is final.
- The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence. High Flying Helicopter under no circumstances will be held liable for any damage.
- The images, pictures and text used in all High Flying Helicopter promotional literature are protected by copyright and must not be copied without the permission of the Company.
- The images used to demonstrate the services on offer are used to provide a general idea as the aircraft, facilities and settings at each contracted centre/location may vary.
- The information provided by High Flying Helicopter about the flight and voucher options is correct at the time of publishing. However, the content or format may change slightly from time to time.
- In most contracted centres items permitted on board are cameras or mobile telephones for photography (set on flight safe mode). All other personal belongings are to be left behind at each centres storage area.
- Security of all personal belongings both carried on board and left on the ground remain the responsibility of the owner.
- Although spectators will not be able to accompany the voucher holder during their flight, family and friends will be able to view the take off and landing. Most venues have a cafe or viewing area please check with third party operator details we will provide at the time of booking.
- We welcome your feedback on all of our products and services. If you have a problem or complaint about your flight, please let the contracted centre know. They will have their own complaints handling procedure.
- If your problem is not resolved on the day, please contact us, providing your booking reference. We will be happy to contact the contracted third party operator. Please note if you take no action on the day and complain at a later date it will generally be considered unreasonable.
Other terms and conditions
- All prices quoted in our promotional literature and on our website include VAT where applicable and are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to change the price of any product/service without notice. Vouchers are issued for monetary value with an expiry date as stated. Should the seat prices alter during the validity period of any voucher, the voucher monetary value will prevail.
- All the above terms and conditions apply as a condition of making any booking and using any voucher, whether or not the voucher holder is the original purchaser. High Flying Helicopter reserves the right to change these terms from time to time without reference to customers. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, and are governed by and in accordance with English law.
- High Flying Helicopter is owned by Only Way Online Ltd.
High Flying Helicopter operates a Data Protection Policy under the eight principles of privacy as outlined in the Data Protection Act of 1998. These are summarised below:
Personal Data must be:
- Processed and used fairly and lawfully.
- Processed and used for specifically stated and lawful process.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Kept for no longer than necessary.
- Processed and handled in line with individuals data protection rights.
- Kept safe and secure.
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
What information we collect and use
Purchasing a Voucher online
- When booking a voucher the information required includes your full name, contact details such as phone and e-mail, and credit/debit card details. We need all this information to process your order and so that we can contact you for any additional information or queries. Your details are only provided to the contracted third party operator.
- Your details will not be provided to any other third party, except when required by Law.
When requesting a quote
- We need your name, e-mail address and contact number in order to send you the quote and if applicable discuss any specific requirements. If you have given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you.
- Our website has security installed to ensure that any personal data and payment information entered onto the site is protected against loss, false alteration and misuse.
- Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have given us to prevent unauthorised access. In line with security procedures we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
- We use “cookies” to store and collect information regarding your usage of our website. These cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to put in place and load personal settings/preferences. Overall enhancing your experience of using our site
This policy may change, any updates will be made within the data protection section above. This way you will always be fully aware of what information is collected, how it’s used and under which circumstances it may be made available.
Customer review policy
Any material considered inappropriate or offensive will not be published and will be removed or amended.